Friday, September 3, 2010

Books for School

My new books quite literally just arrived, and I am so excited!  Who ever thought that School textbooks could ever be so exciting and not frightening! (well maybe with the exception of the anatomy books...)

I always love new books, but I always have to resist because the excitement of owning them usually wanes. So if I get too many at once they usually begin to collect dust before I have have properly enjoyed them.  Hence my yoga library is very small.  With the internet I can usually find what I need in the moment, but as with most other subjects books are so much richer for their information and the love that was poured into their creation.

The 5 books I had ordered are for my yoga teacher training that starts next week.  the books are:

1. Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student relationship by Donna Farhi
2. Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
3. Ayurveda, The Science of Self Healing by Dr. Vasant Lad
4. Yoga Mind, Body and Spirit: A return to Wholeness by Donna Farhi
5. The Anatomy Coloring Book by Wynn Kapit and Lawrence M. Elson

I have every intention of reviewing all five of them as I read them and we integrate them into learning during the next 6 months (hopefully it won't take me 6 months to build an opinion)

All I have left to get and find is a yoga blanket...

No comments:

Post a Comment