Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Accomplishing Crow pose



On the weekend I attended an Anusara class at the studio that I volunteer at. The instructor had us work on some arm balancing poses, crow/crane pose and side crane. I had only once come across a teacher ambitious enough to work on this pose with their students and that was already two years ago! (I'm not comfortable enough to attend an intermediate/advanced class yet!) But I have an itch (and a goal) to attempt more difficult and advanced asanas.
I had found this YouTube video a few weeks ago as I was working on strengthening my arms. Even a week ago I still was not able to find my balance or my trust in myself to master it. I still think this video was good and definitely worth sharing, but it certainly wasn't enough to finally "get it".
Perhaps it was the sheer exhaustion that this instructor had built breaking down all energy to think beyond her instructions. But still being able to get it four days later, on every try, I'm thinking it is her emphasis on making sure to look forward.
I no longer feel the pinching on my arms where my knees rest, nor do I hesitate when lifting my feet.
So for all of you trying to get your crow pose: lift your bum up, really! And look forward, stick that neck out and I guarantee, you will get it. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment