Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Truth - "Sat" (in Sanskirt)





What is Truth?

Well according to the Dictionary truth is: 

“3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like
  4. the state or character of being true.
  5. actuality or actual existence.
  7. honesty; Integrity; truthfulness
10. accuracy, as of position or adjustment.”
The last few classes I have attended the instructors have presented “Truth” as the moto for the class.  
Tonights class had me thinking about it a little more.  For truth to come, honesty needs to be walking along side. This honesty needs to be to both yourself and towards others.  With truth and honest, freedom will arrive.
Have you ever noticed when you have been keeping a secret or a thought to yourself or even away from yourself, a denial, you feel heavy inside?  But when you finally admit to it and allow the truth to come forward, there is always relief?  That is the freedom being provided.
If we could always be honest and truthful, think how light we all would feel!  It would feel maybe as though we were floating through our lives with ease.
Its funny thinking about this. I always think of excuses as to why I might not be completely honest. Although I strive to always be truthful, sometimes I catch myself not always being so to myself and I know it doesn’t give me freedom, but I can’t always be ready to let everything go. I don’t always feel strong enough.
The other part of being true and honest is through your actions and with your life.  To be true to yourself you need to treat your body as though it was a sanctuary. Keep yourself healthy, keep your mind happy and strong, keep your eyes open and your heart warm.  By doing this you will also feel the best you can be, and by this you will hold the strength to be honest in your life and follow your heart so that you can keep truth in your life.
Is there one thing that you can let go of and allow truth and honesty in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment