Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Let's Welcome February into our Lives!

Here we are at the end of the first month of the year and entering into what most provinces know as the most difficult month to survive due to the harshest and coldest weather that typically visits this month.


This past week for me was a hard one, in fact only these last 3 days were really all that tiresome, and why is that? Well my usual excuse is due to the crappy grey weather that Vancouver treats us to, but really because I hadn't practiced yoga for the three days prior to that.  When I keep up my practice I always feel fresher and more vibrant, I feel like I can handle what the day throws at me, even if that day is grey, rainy, and cold.


So join me as I celebrate some of the great things of February.
  • As of February 1st we will have already gained a full hour of daylight since Christmas!
  • At the end of February our days will be just a minute short of 11 hours!
  • Valentine's Day.  I know this might seem weird, but Valentine's isn't just for those with a partner, it is the day of love, or as I prefer, connections.  I like to celebrate all of my friends and my family, each and every loved one that I might cross paths with. And to be clear I don't necessarily mean chocolates and flowers and commercial stuff, I mean acknowledging their worth in my life.
  • In Vancouver with longer days usually means a little less rain and best of all...
  • Blossoms! In fact I have heard rumours about some cherry blossoms already downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment