Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"What Style or Lineage of Yoga do you Practice?"

I practice Hatha yoga, yet I rarely ever go to a "Hatha" class.  Hatha is at the heart of all styles and lineages of yoga.   I am particularly drawn towards Anusara and Vinyasa Flow.  For years past I always practiced Hot and Bikrams classes, but I enjoy enjoy Anusara and Vinyasa so much more these days.  In these classes I always feel I work harder to sweat and I feel more challenged to expand and grow my practice.  In Anusara, I find the spirit and beauty of yoga; Vinyasa, the flow and rhythm built within the sequences that develop and challenge my practice.  Within both, there is a strong emphasis of playfulness and of a heart-centred practice that I constantly find myself yearning for.  I still love the occasional hot class, but mostly for its detoxifying sweat that always feels so refreshing.  I love yoga, so no matter what style I might be practicing, I am happy to be on my mat and practicing Hatha yoga.

**I'm curious why do you practice what you practice?**

No comments:

Post a Comment