Saturday, May 15, 2010

YTT application Questions

I have decided to commit myself to Yoga Teacher Training in the fall and I have 98% (school always make me nervous) decided that I will do this with Langara College. I have chosen Langara for multiple reasons, the three most important to me being the timeframe it provides, that it is a reputable college, and its teaching body seems well rounded and reliable.


To ensure myself a placement in the school I want to complete and submit my application form in the near future despite its due date of August 20th.


So over the next weeks it is my goal to answer the following questions which will then be compiled into an essay for my application.


 How long have you been practicing yoga? 
 What style or lineage of yoga do you practice? 
 Do you have a meditation practice? 
 Why are you interested in teaching yoga? 
 What do you hope to receive from this program? 
 How do you plan to use your teacher training in practice?  


I've decided to publish my answers as a way for me to ensure my answers are honest and not flakey.  Also I find that the blog is actually a great tool for editing.  I have a nasty habit of not thoroughly editing essays for school and when I look back at them I always see flaws.  It's the same with this site, I try to fix most of the mistakes before I allow anyone to read.  But I will always come back hours later and find more edits.  Truth be told I do not have any false ideas of being published beyond this blog.  For that I can never expect my writing to be completely flawless, but I will always strive to try to improve. (and continue to prove my school teachers wrong!)


Fingers crossed that I will manage with success.  And at the end find myself forming a comprehensive essay to submit with my application.


Oh, did I mention the length is only a page... I think my already drafted answer to the first question is already half of a page...ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment